ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L]

2010-04-13 00:33:02
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L]
From: John Stephens <john.stephens AT STORSERVER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 02:15:30 +0000
Rick:
I believe the intermin storage mentioned the proxy needs is for the snapshot
repository. The data is stored or served up here before the TSM client can send
it to the TSM server.
This data residing at this repository is temporary and dissolved after being
sent to the TSM server, so it's size can be created based on how many and how
large of a full VM backup you will want to run.

I do not believe vmware offers any streaming directly to a tsm server without
the use of this repository.

John Stephens
STORServer Consulting Engineer
www.storserver.com
Wk: 719-266-8777 ext 7201
STORServer solves your data backup challenges.
Once and for all.