ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] SV: Failed to backup DB on Linux TSM 6.2

2010-04-08 07:17:34
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] SV: Failed to backup DB on Linux TSM 6.2
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 07:15:45 -0400
Richard -

You had posted the contents of your diag log and said that you can't see the
reason, with no reference to anything you had pursued in the diagnostic
messages.  When posting, it will help everyone help you if you cite what you
have already pursued so that people's time is not wasted.

Pursuit of Sqlerrmc codes is outlined in the TSM 6.1 Technical Guide redbook
and the TSM 6.1 Problem Determination Guide and the Messages manual, including:

Some common TSM reason codes are:
106     The specified file is being used by another process. You tried to read
from or write to a file that is currently being used by another process.

and:

106 - Ensure that the DB2 Instance DSMI_DIR environment variable is pointing to
the location of the Tivoli Storage Manger API executables and the dsm.sys
configuration file. If the DSMI_DIR setting is wrong, correct it for the DB2
instance, and then restart the DB2 instance.

The lsof command may allow you to narrow down contention, if that't the issue,
with /proc/locks possibly helping.

    Richard Sims