ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM silent install 2008R2

2010-04-02 21:27:59
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM silent install 2008R2
From: "Huebner,Andy,FORT WORTH,IT" <Andy.Huebner AT ALCONLABS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 13:35:22 -0500
I am trying to get the MSI settings to silently install TSM on 2008R2 but the
MSI does not add TSM to the firewall rules.  Is there an option I am missing?
The documentation I have found does not mention firewall settings.  The GUI
install does add it to the firewall automatically, so I know the code knows how
to do it.
This is the doc I found:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tsminfo/v6/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.itsm.mail.exc.doc/dpc_con_ins_silent.html

TSM Agent Version 6.1.3.2

This is the MSI command:
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Client.msi" rebootyesno="no" reboot="suppress"
allusers=1 installdir="c:\program files\tivoli\tsm"
addlocal="BackupArchiveGUI,BackupArchiveWeb,Api64Runtime" TRANSFORMS=1033.mst
/qn /l*v "c:\TSMInstall.txt"

Andy Huebner

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally
privileged. If you are not an intended recipient or an authorized
representative of an intended recipient, you are prohibited from using, copying
or distributing the information in this e-mail or its attachments. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail and delete all copies of this message and any attachments.

Thank you.