ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Issues upgrading the 5.4 to 5.5

2010-04-01 12:53:59
Subject: [ADSM-L] Issues upgrading the 5.4 to 5.5
From: yoda woya <yodawoya AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 12:52:43 -0400
I read the 5.5 administration and installation guide.

Also accomplish these tasks:
I backup my primary storage pools to their corresponding offsite copy
storage pools
I backup the database, volhistory and devconfig.
I make copies of dsmserv.opt and dsmserv.dsk.
I export to file q system.
I make sure no process is running or a request is pending
I halt the server
I uninstall 5.4 server, licence , tape driver,  client code
I install 5.5 server, licence , tape driver,  client code

I reboot the server.  When I try to backup the node if fails.

It says the client cannot contact the server. How do I:

find out if the upgrade worked?
what/where do I need to look to see the root cause of why I cannot connect
to the server.

When I uninstall 5.5 and 5.4, every works fine.

What am I missing?  Any assitance would be greatly appreciate .