ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Ejecting cleaning cartridges from the TS3500/3584

2010-03-17 15:19:51
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Ejecting cleaning cartridges from the TS3500/3584
From: Len Boyle <Len.Boyle AT SAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 15:17:44 -0400
We have alms configured, so we let the library do the cleaning.

If we have a semi-bad tape drive we can end up going thru a cleaning cart.
We have configured the ts3500 to send snmp traps to a server which handles the
traps.
One of them indicates that a cleaning cart has expired. The trap handler
forwards this message to the operations folks who replace the cart.

In you cannot set up the trap handler there is a work around.  if you have
someone moving tapes in and out of your library, the library posts a message on
the front panel that a cleaning tape has expired and needs replacing. It spells
out which cleaning tape.

len