ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How to find what management class is used per node

2010-03-02 15:34:00
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How to find what management class is used per node
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 21:30:05 +0100
On 2 mrt 2010, at 21:21, Moyer, Joni M wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was just wondering if anyone knows a script that I can run to find out what
> management class is utilized by node hmpg1018?  Would I need to run: select *
> from backups where node_name='HMPG1018'?

on the node itself run 'dsmc q backup / -ina -subdir=y'

(assuming unix, but you get the drift)

since each file can be bound to a different mgmt class, there is no such
concept of a mgmt class used by a node, and the client is the proper place to
run this query, not the server.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind Regards,

Remco Post