ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM V6.1.3.1 and memory requirements on series

2010-02-26 16:32:34
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM V6.1.3.1 and memory requirements on series
From: "Nancy R. Brizuela" <Brizuela AT UWYO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 14:30:37 -0700
Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone is running TSM V6.1.3.1 on an IBM server similar to a
p5 p570?  I definitely need more memory for V6, since I only have 8GB and the
documentation says the minimum memory for all but the tiniest server should be
12 GB, 16 GB if using deduplication.  I'm considering installing about 32 - 40
GB total memory.

We back up about 5 TB per night and have 207 client nodes, one server instance.

I'd like to know about any real-world experiences with similar configurations
and how much memory your server(s) have and is it adequate?  Also, our p5 p570
has two two-way 1.9 GHz processor cards.  Do you have an opinion on whether I
should add to or upgrade controller cards while I'm at it?

Thanks!

Nancy Brizuela, CPA
Systems Programmer, Senior
University of Wyoming