ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Disk Storage pool filling faster than it is emptying. ideas?

2010-02-24 09:11:00
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Disk Storage pool filling faster than it is emptying. ideas?
From: km <km AT GROGG DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 14:56:08 +0100
Since you have caching turned off now and have emptied the diskpool (?)
fragmentation should not be an issue.

What is the performance when using only a single LTO4 drive, 1/4 of
30mb/s or 30mb/s?

Check the read performance of the disk with dd or something similar.

What speed do other tape operations get, ie reclamation, backup stg,
dbbackup?

Have you checked errpt for scsi/tape/disk errors?

What kind of HBA is it, 1/2/4/8Gbps? NPIV or native?

How about moving data from tape up to disk, test if that will be limited
to 30mb/s as well.