ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Disk Storage pool filling faster than it is emptying. ideas?

2010-02-24 09:01:59
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Disk Storage pool filling faster than it is emptying. ideas?
From: "Mueller, Ken" <KMueller AT MCARTA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 09:02:19 -0500
Have you tried using fewer tape drives?!  Crazy as that sounds, if you
can't feed the 4 drives fast enough, they are all going to shoe-shine
which will kill throughput.  Fewer tape drives would also reduce the
seek load on the disk pool (where again, the heads are hop-scotching all
around trying to satisfy 4 migration processes in addition to your write
load (backups)).  Just a thought.
-Ken