ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] exporting a node from one TSM server to another

2010-02-23 15:57:39
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] exporting a node from one TSM server to another
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 15:55:40 -0500
Richard thanks again!

Question - It shouldn't come to this but  would another possible
solution be since we still have the node on the source server intact,
could I  just DELETE  all the file spaces on the Target server remove
the node and start over from the beginning?

I know if this is done I should be prepared for  long delete filespace
processes also.

Thanks
Tim

Richard Sims wrote:

Timothy -

Query FIlespace won't give you an indication of completeness, for your
determination of which instances are unuseful.  Best to use Query OCCupancy in
conjunction with success indications in the Activity Log.  Be prepared for an
arduously long DELete FIlespace for those you dispose of, with much Recovery
Log space being consumed.  For thoroughness, you could try an EXPort Node
Preview=Yes on the destination server, to correlate what it has with what you
sent.

  Richard Sims