ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM time Travel

2010-02-23 00:48:02
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM time Travel
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 23:47:03 -0600
I believe the only way to accomplish this would be to set up a separate
small TSM server just for this testing, and have the server travel in
time along with the client. Once the time traveler gets to the point
farthest in the future that it's going to go to, leave the test TSM
server there. You can always do a Point-in-Time restore of an earlier
state.

I would definitely not try this with your main production TSM server!

I remember this kind of issue from Y2K testing, and the rule then was
that you should never attempt to take data from the future and place it
in the past.

               Academic Computing & Communications Center