ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Cancel FORCE

2010-02-08 11:47:32
Subject: [ADSM-L] Cancel FORCE
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 11:48:03 -0500
Anybody find a hidden "cancel with extreme prejudice" AKA FORCE "option"
in TSM?

I have a server-to-server export hung since the V6.1 server decided to
terminate the connection but didn't bother telling the source server about
it.  So the "export" side is hung and pinning my log.

I have tried to cancel the export, to no avail.  It just says "cancel in
progress" for the past 2-hours.

I had this happen last week and the only recourse was to bounce the source
server after the logs reached 85%.

Tried to suspend/restart the export which also fails ("the current state
is not valid. rc=27")
Zoltan Forray
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator
Virginia Commonwealth University