ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] DP for SQL Server backup file size

2010-02-04 13:39:37
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] DP for SQL Server backup file size
From: Robert Ouzen Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 20:39:22 +0200
Thanks del

robert

-----Original Message-----
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
Del Hoobler
Sent: יום ה 04 פברואר 2010 16:13
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

Hi Robert,

Microsoft had original intentions to add striping into
Exchange legacy-style backups, but opted against it,
most likely to focus their efforts on VSS backups.

DP/Exchange has nothing built in to break apart the
storage group list and create multiple streams.
The only way to do this is to create and launch
separate commands, specifying the individual storage groups.

I have heard of a few customers that have written
Perl scripts that query the storage groups and then build
the commands dynamically in order to do this
multiple-instance/parallelism automatically.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 02/04/2010
03:18:21 AM: