ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Reclamation for offsite storage pools

2010-01-27 09:43:25
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Reclamation for offsite storage pools
From: Bob Levad <blevad AT WINNEBAGOIND DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 08:42:06 -0600
Hi George,

When you get behind with reclamation, you end up with many volumes with low
util/high reclaim values. TSM trys to minimize tape mounts by reclaiming
offsite data from your onsite tapes without too many remounts, which can
pull data related to several/(or many) offsite volumes.  You can force a
more expeditious reclaim by specifying a high reclaim percent (95% or so)
and setting OFFSITERECLAIMLIMIT to a small number (1 or 2).  This will
optimize getting volumes back at the expense of (probably) more local tape
mounts.  If you want to get a specific tape cleared, do a MOVE DATA.

If you have the media, you could create a new pool and delete the old copy
pool once the new one has been populated.

Bob.