ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Encryption

2010-01-20 12:35:03
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Encryption
From: Scott Bellew <SBellew AT RCRH DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 10:33:46 -0700
Hi Joni,
We use Application Managed Encryption, with IBM 3584 library and LTO4 drives.
This only works for a storage pool with DRIVEENCRYPTION=ON. It does not encrypt
the db backup tape. TSM handles the keys. We use this for off-site archive
tapes.  Currently in the process of recalling all LTO2 archive tapes and moving
them to LTO4 tapes in this Encrypted storage pool.
Not hard to set up.  Checkout this link:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=663&uid=swg27009625

Scott Bellew
Systems Programmer
Informatin Systems