ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Tsm license problem

2010-01-20 10:18:27
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Tsm license problem
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 09:15:24 -0600
IF you're wanting to know how many tsmee licenses you have registered,
(i.e. how many nodes *can* connect to the TSM server the command is:  q
lic
If you're wanting to know how many nodes TSM has registered you can
either:  q node OR select count(*) from nodes
If you're wanting to know how many nodes can connect to TSM from a
server resource perspective, we'll that gets a lot more complicated.
Sometimes you just have to play it by ear.  The variables are how much
Disk/Tape space you have to hold how many versions for how many days.
How fast your NIC is, and how much RAM you have will determine how many
machines can connect at the same time.  Etc. etc.

See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.
John 3:16!