ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] 6.1.3 Server pulled?

2010-01-19 09:38:18
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] 6.1.3 Server pulled?
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 09:37:00 -0500
1.  Tivoli Storage Manager: Flashes

- TITLE: Patch 6.1.3.1 for Tivoli Storage Manager to be delivered on or before
January 22, 2010 to replace fix-pack 6.1.3.0

- ABSTRACT: The fix pack for Tivoli Storage Manager V6.1.3.0 introduced a crash
as reported in APAR IC65409, which affects DISK storage pools. Because of this,
the server patch 6.1.3.1 will be delivered to address this crash and the
6.1.3.0 fix pack is being removed from availability.

>>> Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU> 1/19/2010 9:33 AM >>>
I went on my usual wandering of the FTP site looking for server and client
maintenance/patches only to find that server level 6.1.3 was
pulled/removed on 01/12/2010 (whoever maintains the FTP site needs to
update "LATEST" since it still points to it)?

I just implemented 6.1.3 last week.

What gives?   What do I do now?

Any idea why it was pulled?  What kind of disaster am I looking forwards
to?
Zoltan Forray
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator
Virginia Commonwealth University