ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Client for Exchange Server 2010

2010-01-19 07:17:13
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Client for Exchange Server 2010
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 07:16:18 -0500
Matthias,

This answer has been posted to ADSM-L less than 1 week ago.
It is always a good idea to search the ADSM-L before asking
a question, many times your answer has already been answered.

Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 changed some significant
architectural constructs. It is not a simple change like
Exchange 2003 --> Exchange 2007 was. One thing to note is that
Microsoft will NOT support legacy-style (streaming)
backups with Exchange Server 2010. That means VSS backups
will be the only backup method that Microsoft supports with
Exchange Server 2010.

Today, there are no generally available releases of Data Protection
for Exchange that support Exchange Server 2010. TSM is *targeting
full support for Exchange Server 2010 in 2Q10.

However, we have a few "early release" programs available if you
find that you cannot wait. If this is the case, please contact your
IBM representative to explain your situation and state your case.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 01/19/2010
07:02:07 AM: