ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Dsmserv Restore DB -k?

2010-01-15 05:38:47
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Dsmserv Restore DB -k?
From: Erwann Simon <erwann.simon AT FREE DOT FR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 11:36:45 +0100
Hi Christian ,

See technotes 1205219 and 1143756.

On Windows, each server instances is identified by some registry keys under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBM\ADSM\CurrentVersion\Server : - Server1 key is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBM\ADSM\CurrentVersion\Server\Server1 - Server2 key is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBM\ADSM\CurrentVersion\Server\Server2
and so on.

For each server, a PATH value identify server instance directory where dsmserv.dsk must be found. A sub key Options has a FILENAME value which identify the full path to the dsmserv.opt file.

If you run a command like "dsmserv format" ou "dsmserv loadformat" in the bin directory, i.e. c:\program files\tivoli\tsm\server\, these values are reinitiliazed to this current directory. So, you need to be in the instance directory while running the "dsmserv format/loadformat" (see what the DISASTER.RECOVERY.SCRIPT.DISASTER.RECOVERY.MODE.cmd from DRM does).

If you have already broken your keys, you can modify it by hand.

Also note that if the '-k serverX' flag is not close to the dsmserv command, it's ignored and does not always generate a "too many parameters specified" error.

--
Best regards / Cordialement / مع تحياتي
Erwann SIMON