ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] [adsm] Re: Keeping mgt classes in sync across multiple TSM servers

2010-01-14 18:34:23
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] [adsm] Re: Keeping mgt classes in sync across multiple TSM servers
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 15:33:31 -0800
That's true if there is a locally-managed domain of the same name on the
node. If the domain is managed by the config server you can update
without trouble. I've gotten around the problem like this though:

1. COPY DOMAIN foo localfoo
2. UPDATE NODE * WHEREDOM=foo DOM=localfoo
3. DELETE DOMAIN foo
3. (make your updates here and NOTIFY SUBSCRIBERS)
4. UPDATE NODE * WHEREDOM=localfoo DOM=foo
5. DELETE DOMAIN localfoo

Lloyd Dieter wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I seem to recall that you could not replicate
domain/policy/mgmtclass from a configuration manager if there were nodes
assigned to the domain on the target (client) system.

Which made it pretty inconvenient.

I've used server-server "export policy" to achieve the same result, though.

-Lloyd

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 11:41:10 -0800