ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] DataDomain VTL

2010-01-14 14:55:36
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] DataDomain VTL
From: Ben Bullock <BBullock AT BCIDAHO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 12:51:57 -0700
I'll chime in here too. We are using it in a similar way to Steven (non-VTL,
NFS mount to AIX/TSM server).

We are getting about 10:1 compression overall and the offsite replication is a
big plus.

TSM says it backs up about 3TB/night, and after dedupe/compression we keep our
offsite DD typically within 1 hour of being in sync with only a 40Mb link to
our collocation facility.

Ben