ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM 6.1.3 Install

2010-01-14 08:59:54
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.1.3 Install
From: "Pagnotta, Pam" <Pam.Pagnotta AT HQ.DOE DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 08:58:21 -0500
Hi Sam,

I ran into the same issue when installing 6.1.3. I found that we had not
removed the previous install files (for 6.1.2.1)  and that even though I chose
to replace them when expanding the new ones, the actual server files did not
get replaced.

Check the directory where you have extracted the Install files.

<initial dir>/COI/PackageSteps/TSM_Server/FILES/TIV-TSMSRV-AIX/
or
<initial dir>/COI/DeploymentSteps/TSM_Server/FILES/TIV-TSMSRV-AIX/

Check what's the version for file tivoli.tsm.server

You will probably find 2 versions of this file, as I did and when you run the
install, it reinstalls the 6.1.2.1 version.

If you remove the COI and DE directories and the install.bin file and start
again, you should be successful.

Hope this helps,

Pam Pagnotta

Sr. Systems Engineer
Energy Enterprise Solutions (EES), LLC
Supporting IM-621.1, Enterprise Service Center East
Office: 301-903-5508
Mobile: 301-326-7296
Email: pam.pagnotta AT hq.doe DOT gov
Location: USA (EST/EDT)