ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] ANR844E: UPDATE PATH: Library MSL5060 is currently unavailable

2009-12-22 09:16:36
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] ANR844E: UPDATE PATH: Library MSL5060 is currently unavailable
From: Len Boyle <Len.Boyle AT SAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 09:15:33 -0500
We have seen this problem when the tape drive is powered off then back on. It
appears that the tape driver is messed up after this power cycle.
It does not happen that often, so the fixing procedure has not been totally
worked out. This is with the ibm tape drivers on windows.
If in the changer does not seem to show up in the Device Manager app within the
Computer Management app. Then reinstall the windows driver. The changer is
defined, but as an unknown device.
That does not always seem to fix TSM (in our case TSM is an old version). If
tsm will not bring the path online, I have fixed that by deleting the path and
defining it again.

Len