ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Removal of archives

2009-12-21 07:09:02
Subject: [ADSM-L] Removal of archives
From: Geert De Pecker <gedp AT SOFICO DOT BE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 13:06:48 +0100
Hi,

We are having problems to remove old archives:

On a weekly basis, we are running a script as below:
"select node_name, description as \"Archive Description\" ,count(*) as
\"#Files\" from archives group by node_name,description"

This should give us all archives that are kept by TSM. This list however
contains a lot of archives that do not show
up in the client GUI (either in the "Delete archive data" or in the
"Restore").

I am assuming there is some inconsistency in the data between the client
and the server.

Is there a way to synchronize this?

Thanks,

Geert