ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 5.3.4 Policy problem

2009-12-18 03:27:32
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 5.3.4 Policy problem
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 09:26:56 +0100
On 18 dec 2009, at 07:18, William ZHANG wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> When I input:
> ACTIVATE POLICYSET DOM_SRC SET_SRV
>
> TSM give a message:
> ANR1557W The space management migration destination in management class
> MC_90DAYS does
> Not refer to a defined storage pool: SPACEMGPOOL.
> If this pooll does not exist when policy set SET_SRV is activated, clients
> will fail
> When using this management class to migrate space-managed files to the
> server.
>
> But actually,my stgpool are DISK_SRV and LTO3_BCK_SRV, not SPACEMGPOOL,

so, read very carefully what this says: "....clients.... to migrate
space-managed files ...".

Space management is also called HSM for Unix. So, when you use HSM for Unix,
this warning is significant. If you don't use HSM for Unix (most likely), of
you do but it points to a different management class (I'd think that you won't
be asking this question in that case), you can safely ignore this message.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind Regards,

Remco Post
r.post AT plcs DOT nl