ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] collocation increases tape mounts while backup

2009-12-17 15:44:50
Subject: [ADSM-L] collocation increases tape mounts while backup
From: EVILUTION <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 15:44:07 -0500
We are using an IBM3584 and don't use any kind of collocation.  We have found
the migration process from diskpool to tape collocates data by node and
therefore already does a decent job of grouping node data together.

The only time you may see better performance with collocation is with a server
that has alot of little files that change often and those nodes should probably
be stored on VTL or DISK rather than tape.