ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] I/O thruput

2009-12-10 17:17:04
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] I/O thruput
From: Fred Johanson <Fred AT UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 16:16:09 -0600
My 6 boxes are TSM 5.5.3.0 on AIX  5.3.11.  The change was to upgrade a driver
from SDD to SDDPCM 2.2.03, whatever that means.  On each machine I/O went to
hell.  On 3 backups went normally, but migration crawled.  On the other 3
migrations went fine but backups were almost non-existent.  The exception on
all 6 was that TDP and SQLBacktrack went normally.  We backed out the changes
and things are back to normal.

The unanswered question that management wants to know is why the TDP weren't
affected.