ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Force/purging Domino transaction logs

2009-12-03 11:44:10
Subject: [ADSM-L] Force/purging Domino transaction logs
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 11:41:01 -0500
The occupancy of our TSM server that is used purely for Domino TDP backups
continues to grow.

Doing some digging, I discovered that old Domino transaction logs are not
being purged.  A query shows entries to May, 2008.

Performing an inactivatelog doesn't release anything.

So, how can I force purge/delete these old logs, short of deleting the
filespace, which would get rid of active logs/everything?

We perform full SELECTIVE backups, every 2-weeks which are only kept for
3-months so anything beyond that is useless.
Zoltan Forray
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator
Virginia Commonwealth University
UCC/Office of Technology Services