ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] ANR2716e schedule prompter was not able to contact client us

2009-11-24 07:21:36
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] ANR2716e schedule prompter was not able to contact client us
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 07:20:11 -0500
On Nov 24, 2009, at 12:03 AM, gardenia28 wrote:

Hi all,

I'm trying to configure automated schedule. I configured as per
procedure but my backup scheudling is not running b'coz of the below
error

ANR2716e schedule prompter was not able to contact client using
type1 x.x.x.x 1501

ANR8213w sessio open with X.X.X.X timed out
I checked for solution in all possible ways But the problem remains
the same

* Checked dsm.opt which carries correct Ip address of the server and
client
* Checked with ping command on widows where the communication is
happening between client and server
* Checked the tsm services - it also in the "started" status

Can any one suggest me some alternative solution.???

You don't provide specifics on what TSM service you are running on the
client, or the schedmode, or whether this has been working and failed,
or is a new attempt.
By virtue of port 1501, you would seem to be running the Scheduler
rather than CAD: assure that that service is running, and review
what's in the scheduler log and dsmerror.log.
If using SCHEDMODe PRompted, use a utility to see what's holding port
1501: if nothing, then dsmc schedule is not running or configured to
use that port number; if occupied, see if you can telnet to it, first
from the localhost, then from the TSM server, and see if there is a
disparity in connectivity from the TSM server, which could be a
firewall ports issue.  If using SCHEDMODe POlling, review the
scheduler log for anomalies.  And always assure that all your
computers are syncing to a time standard.

   Richard Sims