ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] The service 'TSM' does not exist ??

2009-11-23 08:54:59
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] The service 'TSM' does not exist ??
From: Neil Schofield <neil.schofield AT YORKSHIREWATER.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 13:52:26 +0000
Tim

This is your problem:

> Cad Schedule Service = TSM

I can't tell you how or why this has changed, but to resolve it you need
to update the properties of the client acceptor service to tell it the
real name of  the scheduler service, and then restart the client acceptor.

DSMCUTIL UPDATE CAD /NAME:"TSM Client Acceptor" /CADSchedName:"TSM
Scheduler"
DSMCUTIL STOP /NAME:"TSM Client Acceptor"
DSMCUTIL START /NAME:TSM Client Acceptor"

Regards
Neil

Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT oit.state.nj DOT us>
23/11/2009 13:25
Message Size: 6.4Kb

neil.schofield AT YORKSHIREWATER.CO DOT UK, "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"
<ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
cc

Subject
Re: The service 'TSM' does not exist ??

Neil, Thanks!

Here is the output

D:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient>dsmcutil query cad /name:"TSM
Client Acceptor"

TSM Windows NT Client Service Configuration Utility
Command Line Interface - Version 6, Release 1, Level 0.2
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation, 1990, 2009, All Rights Reserved.
Last Updated Jul  5 2009
TSM Api Version 6.1.0

Command: Query TSM Client Service Parameters
Machine: SNI287(Local Machine)

Connecting to service 'TSM Client Acceptor' ...

Service Configuration/Status:

Service Name   : TSM Client Acceptor
Image Path     : "D:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsmcad.exe"
Logon Account  : LocalSystem
Start Type     : Auto
Current Status : Started

TSM Client Service Registry Settings:

Client Service Type = Client Acceptor Service
Partner Service     = TSM Remote Client Agent
Cad Schedule Service = TSM
HTTP Port           = 1581
Secure HTTP Port    = (value not currently set)
Web Ports           = (value not currently set)
Options file        = D:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsm.opt
TSM Client Node     = SNI287

D:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient>

DSM.opf file

NODENAME SNI287
tcpclientaddress xxx.xx.xx
PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE
TCPSERVERADDRESS xxx.xx.xx
VMCHOST  xx.xx.xxx.xx
VMCUSER vcbuser
VMCPW vcbu$er
VMLIST SNI08,SNI09,SNI110
SUBFILEBACKUP YES
SUBFILECACHEPATH d:\tsmsubfile
SUBFILECAcHESIZE 100
commmethod tcpip

MANAGEDSERVICES    WEBCLIENT SCHEDULE
DOMAIN    ALL-LOCAL

VMBACKUPTYPE FILE

Noet: Manual Backups complete successfully