ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] The service 'TSM' does not exist ??

2009-11-20 13:17:28
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] The service 'TSM' does not exist ??
From: Neil Schofield <neil.schofield AT YORKSHIREWATER.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 18:16:26 +0000
Timothy

I'm assuming here that you are using the client acceptor to manage the
scheduler service. To determine the name of the scheduler the CAD is
trying to start, run DSMCUTIL QUERY CAD /NAME:"TSM Client Acceptor" and
check what's reported for the Partner Service. Based on your DSMCUTIL LIST
output, the correct value would be "TSM Client Scheduler".

If the value is not correct, it could be that it's been updated by
someone/something but without enclosing the string "TSM Client Scheduler"
in quotes leaving the effective value as just "TSM".

I believe the information reported by DSMCUTIL QUERY is stored in the
following registry value
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\TSM Client
Acceptor\Parameters\PartnerName

It may be worth checking that this is a REG_SZ string rather than, for
example, a REG_MULTI_SZ or a REG_EXPAND_SZ string.

Let us know what you discover.

Regards
Neil Schofield
Infrastructure Platform Technologies Manager
Yorkshire Water

Find out how our new character Numptee is causing all sorts of
problems by putting the wrong things down his toilet and drains -
check out his videos and look at what you can do to help keep your
drains running free.

Visit http://www.yorkshirewater.com/binit

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may also be
legally privileged. The contents are intended for recipient only
and are subject to the legal notice available at
http://www.keldagroup.com/email.htm Yorkshire Water Services
Limited
Registered Office Western House Halifax Road Bradford BD6 2SZ
Registered in England and Wales No 2366682