ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Client file active data pool selection for restores

2009-11-19 15:36:47
Subject: [ADSM-L] Client file active data pool selection for restores
From: Bob Levad <blevad AT WINNEBAGOIND DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 14:34:41 -0600
TSM Version 5.5.2 on Windows

I have set up two active data pools (one physical-LTO4 and one virtual-LTO2)
for a group of nodes.  When a restore is requested by the client, the active
data on the physical tape is usually mounted.  Since I have set up
collocation of the virtual tape by node and I have more virtual drives than
physical, I would prefer that the restore call for the virtual volumes.

Is there any way short of marking the physical tape "unavailable" to force
to restore to come from a particular pool or to skew the choices TSM makes
to favor the more granularly collocated media?

Bob.

This electronic transmission and any documents accompanying this electronic
transmission contain confidential information belonging to the sender.  This
information may be legally privileged.  The information is intended only for
the use of the individual or entity named above.  If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or the taking of any action in reliance on or regarding the contents of this
electronically transmitted information is strictly prohibited.