ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Who is using Admin Center ? >> Specifics, please re: AC improvements

2009-11-16 15:10:20
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Who is using Admin Center ? >> Specifics, please re: AC improvements
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 15:09:25 -0500
>> On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 12:49:44 -0700, Gergana V Markova <gmarkova AT US.IBM
>> DOT COM> said:

> Allen, please submit a FITs requirement on the issue you are
> outlining so that it is considered and evaluated for future Admin
> Center releases.

Why?  I talked about it extensively during my participation in the 6.1
beta, and I'll tilt at the same windmill in the 6.2 beta. But if a
betatester's usability concerns aren't on your radar, why should a
random curmudgeon's concerns be seen more prominently?

The repeated slapping on of one GUI after another are a response to
management desire to make TSM simpler, make it palatable to a
least-common-denominator audience.

The interests and desires of those who are accustomed to take full
advantage of TSM's complexity are at best skew to this desire, and at
worst actively at odds with it.

I could probably be convinced out of this bitter conviction, but not
by gladhanding; it'd take action.

- Allen S. Rout