ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] tape library for TSM

2009-11-16 10:42:53
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] tape library for TSM
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 09:41:09 -0600
Well, you wouldn't want to start with NOT enough tape drives, and if it
is a "library" it would have a barcode reader, I would presume.  Fiber
is optional, SCSI can be used, but if you need LAN-Free backups you'll
need fiber SAN connected library and drives.  The point is that it all
depends on your requirements.  How much data are you planning for this
thing to store?  (how many versions, for how many days across how many
clients with what percentage of change rate with how large of files?).

See Ya'
Howard