ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How to match nodes and used management classes/copy groups?

2009-11-15 04:57:36
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How to match nodes and used management classes/copy groups?
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 10:55:12 +0100
Grigori,

On 15 nov 2009, at 08:51, Grigori Solonovitch wrote:

> I need help with SQL in TSM.
> I am trying to find the way to match nodes and used management classes/copy
> groups.
>
> Is there any other more effective way to match node and used management
> classes/copy groups?

Unfortunately, no. Some sql queries are very inefficient in TSM, and some
tables (backups) are just huge. The combination of the two may make a query
take a huge amount of time.

In some cases it might be a good idea to copy all data to some other db engine
and run the query there. Several database vendors (Oracle, IBM, MS) offer an
express/developer version for free. And of course there are mysql and
postgresql...

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post