ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Who is using Admin Center ? >> Specifics, please re: AC improvements

2009-11-09 21:18:50
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Who is using Admin Center ? >> Specifics, please re: AC improvements
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 21:18:15 -0500
>> On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 12:20:55 -0700, Gergana V Markova <gmarkova AT US.IBM DOT
>> COM> said:

> Francisco, [ ... and by implication others ... ] can you be more
> specific and provided constructive suggestions of what is not
> working for you, and what specific improvements/ task addition can
> benefit the daily work of a TSM administrator in the Administration
> Center GUI?

Any administrator who has made use of policy domains and distinct
policy privs for their TSM admins is up a smelly creek without a
paddle.

I have ~100 policy domains on (mostly) 4 TSM server instances, each of
which has its administrators.  I've been telling them for 7 years or
so that "eventually", IBM will support an authentication exit so their
ID can use the same passwords which are used everywhere else on
campus.  Tivoli means manageability, right?

Now, if I'm to use the ISC, I need not merely tell all these folks
they need to know a _new_, different ID to log into the ISC, I have to
micromanage which ISC IDs are able to administer which nodes on which
servers.

This is a nightmare.

- Allen S. Rout