ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] SV: moving a node/data from one TSM Server to another TSM Server

2009-11-06 13:42:58
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] SV: moving a node/data from one TSM Server to another TSM Server
From: Shawn Drew <shawn.drew AT AMERICAS.BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 13:37:28 -0500
"query occupancy nodename" will show  you the pools the data is in.

Regards,
Shawn
Shawn Drew

Internet
Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US

Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
11/06/2009 01:27 PM
Please respond to
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] SV: moving a node/data from one TSM Server to another TSM
Server

Christian,

Thanks, I understand now about the destination. I ran the command and it
looks like the export completed successfully

ANR0986I Process 352 for EXPORT NODE running in the BACKGROUND processed
37160 items for a total of  104,586,677,985 bytes with a completion
state of SUCCESS at 12:23:51. (SESSION: 152854, PROCESS: 352)

What I am going to have to do is migrate data back to h3592pool

I am assuming using this command >>>>move nodedata snj265
fromstgpool=tapepool tostgpool=h3592pool

question is finding out what pool the data went to first

Thanks

Christian Svensson wrote:

>Hi Timothy,
>Create the node in the correct Domain on TSM Server B and in your
COPYGROUP in your Default MGMT Class will be your destination.

>TSM_SERVER_A>Export node SNI265 filedata=all toserver=pluto
>

>Best Regards
>Christian Svensson
>
>Cell: +46-70-325 1577
>E-mail: Christian.Svensson AT cristie DOT se
>Skype: cristie.christian.svensson
Hughes [Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US]
>Skickat: den 6 november 2009 15:32
>Till: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
>Ämne: moving a node/data from one TSM Server to another TSM Server
>
>  moving a node and data( meaning all filespaces) from one TSM Server to
>another TSM Server
>

>I need to move a node and it’s data from one tsm to another
>
>Move SNI265 on tsm server A to >>> TSM server b
>TSM Server Saber= TSM Version 5.5.3.0
>
>TSM Server Pluto= TSM version 5.5.3.0
>

>So after the move is complete it will now be backing up on TSM Server
Pluto.

>P.S.- I know others have done this but I have never performed this task.
>
>Also it will be using a storage pool called H3592pool
>
>I want to make sure the syntax is correct?
>
>(perform this command on TSM Server Saber>>> Export node SNI265
>filedata=all to server=pluto H3592Pool
>

>Thanks for any help in advance

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for
the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error,
please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord
with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial,
is prohibited except formal approval. The internet can not guarantee the
integrity of this message. BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will)
not therefore be liable for the message if modified. Please note that certain
functions and services for BNP Paribas may be performed by BNP Paribas RCC, Inc.