ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TDPOSYNC question

2009-10-26 22:07:17
Subject: [ADSM-L] TDPOSYNC question
From: Sam Sheppard <SHS AT SDDPC.SANNET DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 19:05:11 PST
We've just gotten most of our Oracle TDP clients upgraded to fairly
recent versions and have been having problems with keeping the RMAN
and TSM inventories straight, ie. things weren't getting expired
correctly in TSM. We have a 30 day retention on TDP backups and have
been manually deleting tapes older than that with DISCARDD=YES but want
to get away from that. Hence, we convinced the DBAs to run the TDPOSYNC
utility which seems to have resolved the problem. However, I received
the following message from the DBA in charge and wondered if anyone
could answer his question (see end of the message):

> Sam,
>  Here is the output from the help command:
> cobra:/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin64 $:tdposync help
>
> IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Databases:
> Data Protection for Oracle
> Version 5, Release 4, Level 1.0
> (C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1997, 2007. All rights reserved.
>
> IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Databases:
> Data Protection for Oracle
> Version 5, Release 4, Level 1.0
> (C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1997, 2007. All rights reserved.
>
> TDPOSYNC SYNCdb

-NUMCATalogs=numberY (default: 1 )

-TDPO_OPTfile=filenameY (default: $install_dir/tdpo.opt)

> TDPOSYNC HELP
> When tdposync sysncdb is run it asks series of questions
> 1. Rman userd id for the repository
> 2. Rman password
> 3. The name of the repository
> 4. The date range you want checked
> I don't see any way to pass that info in a command line or config file.

TIA for any help with this
Sam Sheppard
San Diego Data Processing Corp.
(858)-581-9668