ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Performance and migration: AIX vs Linux

2009-10-24 14:41:41
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Performance and migration: AIX vs Linux
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 20:41:03 +0200
On 23 okt 2009, at 21:46, Kelly Lipp wrote:

I found it!

http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redpapers/pdfs/redp4362.pdf

Actually a fairly fun read.  Way cool technology.  I'm sure it will
show up in the pSeries soon anyway so the hardware issues become
further blurred.

I's good to know that at least on serious IBM xSeries hardware, the
PCIe bus is sufficient for dual-port 4 Gb/s HBA's. As for 8 Gb/s
HBA's... 4 dual-port HBA's have a _theoretical_ limit of 64 Gb/s full
duplex, well in excess of the 6 GB/s the PCIe bridge is capable of. My
point is NOT that pSeries hardware is any faster, just that you have
to be aware of this....

The x3950 looks like a cool box, and is sufficient for many
environments.

Thanks kelly for the link. I'm sure it will be useful info to may of us.

Kelly Lipp
Chief Technical Officer
www.storserver.com
719-266-8777 x7105
STORServer solves your data backup challenges.
Once and for all.