ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Migration for Windows-based installation

2009-10-12 15:12:05
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Migration for Windows-based installation
From: Kelly Lipp <lipp AT STORSERVER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 13:10:36 -0600
Start from scratch.  Install TSM at the level you would like, move and
configure the library. Point the clients at the new server and go.  That first
backup will necessarily be a full.  Will take longer than usual, but easy.

This method allows you go "clean up" your database.

Keep the old server around until the data expires.

Clearly, there are more details, especially since you are going to re-use the
library on the new STORServer (oops, I mean TSM Server).  The overall concept
is sound. For sites of your size I like this method as it is simple and gets me
a brand new, pristine database.  This will become important next year when you
migrate to TSM 6.2.  Besides, a clean start is always a good thing.

This topic has been covered earlier and in much more detail.  You might peruse
the archives to see what you can find.  My name will show up along with others
like Wanda who have been through this many times.

Thanks,

Kelly Lipp
Chief Technical Officer
www.storserver.com
719-266-8777 x7105
STORServer solves your data backup challenges.
Once and for all.