ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How to backup open log files in exchange

2009-10-12 09:38:16
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How to backup open log files in exchange
From: km <km AT GROGG DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 15:32:37 +0200
HEllo,

you can't backup database files or other files that change during
processing with the normal client. For that you need an application
specific client, called a TDP in the TSM world, that can backup the
application via it's supported backup API.

For Exchange, please see:
http://www-01.ibm.com/software/tivoli/products/storage-mgr-mail/

-km