ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] MS-SQL TDP log restore question

2009-10-08 08:41:14
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] MS-SQL TDP log restore question
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 08:40:42 -0400
In performing backups, the SQL Server simply gives DP/SQL a stream of
bytes.
The DP/SQL code is not told which files these bytes are from, it is
simply a stream of bytes. At restore time, DP/SQL hands the stream of
bytes
back to the SQL Server, and the SQL Server writes those bytes to files.

However... one possible way to do this is to perform the restore of
the database and logs into a DIFFERENT database name and DIFFERENT
location,
and choose the option to NOT run recovery. This will restore the .MDF and
.LDF
files into a separate location. You can then do what you want with the
files.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 10/08/2009
08:10:32 AM: