ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Expiration of Exchange

2009-10-07 21:54:35
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Expiration of Exchange
From: Gary Bowers <gbowers AT ITRUS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 20:53:58 -0500
My guess is that you are mounting up the filesystem, and backing up
the files directly.  The log files in Exchange are probably getting a
new name as they are truncated, which means that there are no versions
of the files, only a single version that goes from active to inactive
when it is deleted from the server.  Check your "Retain Only"
parameter of the TSM Exchange Management class.  Make sure that this
is set to 30 days and not 365 or nolimit.  This should delete older
files, but only from the date they get marked inactive.

Gary
Itrus Technologies