ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] emptying disk pool

2009-10-06 09:59:19
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] emptying disk pool
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 15:59:48 +0200
Hi,

have you considered locking a number of nodes, so they just can't
backup, rather than deleting essential client data? IMNSHO there is
something very wrong in what you are doing. YOU SHOULD NEVER DELETE
CLIENT DATA UNLESS THE CLIENT HAS BEEN DECOMMISSIONED. (sorry for the
shouting). You should be pestering your boss until new media are
ordered. You should be pestering your supplier to deliver the media
now. And, most importantly, you should have started doing so about two
months before all of your media filled up.