ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] DR restore of Client Data to new hardware w/ new IP

2009-09-23 15:19:55
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] DR restore of Client Data to new hardware w/ new IP
From: Kelly Lipp <lipp AT STORSERVER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 13:18:55 -0600
Eric,

Should have been update stg access=destroyed rather than unavailable.  That's
one thing.

Why isn't the client seeing the TSM server at the new IP?  Hmmmm.  The client
is pointing at the new source server, not the target, correct?  The new
source/target combo may require updating as well since the target new the
source at a different address.  So the whole HLLL address thing needs to be
fixed up on the new source and target.  Are sessions enabled on the new source?
 Can the TSM client on the source talk to the source TSM server?  These are all
troubleshooting things I would try.

Kelly Lipp
Chief Technical Officer
www.storserver.com
719-266-8777 x7105
STORServer solves your data backup challenges.
Once and for all.