ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Encryption problem on linux node

2009-09-17 18:17:26
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Encryption problem on linux node
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 18:01:24 -0400
Yes, your second cut at this is more accurate. Options like
"INCLUDE.ENCRYPT" or "INCLUDE.COMPRESSION" only server to indicate whether
the files are encrypted or compressed (whatever is to the right of the
"INCLUDE." portion). So you need the "INCLUDE" (or "INCLUDE.BACKUP") to
include files for backup AND to bind them to a management class if you want
them bound to something other than the default management class.

You can more easily verify encryption by doing something like:

   dsmc query backup /u05/Archive/somefile -detail -traceflags=query

When you did the backup, were you prompted for an encryption key?

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead
Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew Raibeck/Hartford/IBM@IBMUS

http://www.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 09/17/2009
03:07:48 PM: