ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Apple Snow Leopard (MacOS X 10.6)

2009-09-16 17:30:31
Subject: [ADSM-L] Apple Snow Leopard (MacOS X 10.6)
From: Paul Zarnowski <psz1 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 17:28:11 -0400
Mac users (if you don't support Macs, stop reading now):

We have a whole bunch of Macs here, and now that Apple has released Snow
Leopard, our users are beginning to upgrade to it.  IBM does not officially
support Snow Leopard with TSM, and I am told that TSM support is some
months away.  Some rudimentary testing shows that most files seem to be
getting backed up, but we are not sure that the ones that are not getting
backed up are because of something in Snow Leopard or not (normal "noise").

What are other Mac sites doing about backing up their Snow Leopard
systems?  Has anyone done more thorough testing?

Can someone from TSM Development tell us whether there are known problems
backing up Snow Leopard with the current versions of TSM?

Thanks all.

..Paul

--
Paul Zarnowski                            Ph: 607-255-4757
Manager, Storage Services                 Fx: 607-255-8521