ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] rarely, tapes become logically unusable?

2009-09-15 16:05:13
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] rarely, tapes become logically unusable?
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 16:02:13 -0400
>> On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 15:10:53 -0400, "Strand, Neil B." <NBStrand AT
>> lmus.leggmason DOT com> said:

> Allen,
>    Try this command on the library manager:
> "del volhist type=remote volume=xxxxx tod=+0 force=yes"

Hah.

I didn't even consider mucking around with the volhist because I'm running

del volhist type=all tod='today-10'.

on a regular basis, and these tapes were assigned ... well, more than
10 days ago. :)

So I "knew" that, other than some possibly currently relevant database
backups, everything older was gone.

It's not what you don't know that hurts, it's what you do know that's wrong.

- Allen S. Rout
- Has learned a little more about his own ignorance today.