ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Antwort: [ADSM-L] handling mount requests

2009-09-09 10:59:01
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Antwort: [ADSM-L] handling mount requests
From: Tuncel Mutlu <Tuncel.Mutlu AT AKBANK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 17:56:56 +0300
Hi,

I have set only one tape pool (LTO-2) and every day I erase the cartridge for
the day and I migrate the disk pool to the cartridge of the day. I have some
questions.

1. I start the migration with the command (the are about 140-150 GB dayly full
backups in the pool an it migrates for 1-2 hours)

MIGRATE STGPOOL DISKPOOL lo=0 duration=240 wait=no

But it began to dismount the current cartridge before ending the migration for
apparently no reason. The cartridge stays FILLING and about 30% full. It asked
for Mondays cartridge ?

09/09/2009 14:05:22   ANR2017I Administrator ADMIN issued command: MIGRATE
                       STGPOOL DISKPOOL lo=0 duration=240 wait=no  (SESSION:
                       4450)
09/09/2009 14:05:22   ANR0984I Process 58 for MIGRATION started in the
                       BACKGROUND at 14:05:22. (SESSION: 4450, PROCESS: 58)
09/09/2009 14:05:22   ANR2110I MIGRATE STGPOOL started as process 58.
                      (SESSION: 4450, PROCESS: 58)

09/09/2009 14:05:22   ANR1000I Migration process 58 started for storage pool
                       DISKPOOL manually, highMig=95, lowMig=0,
                                duration=240.
                       (SESSION: 4450, PROCESS: 58)
09/09/2009 14:05:22   ANR0609I MIGRATE STGPOOL started as process 58.
                        (SESSION: 4450, PROCESS: 58)

09/09/2009 14:05:22   ANR8326I 025: Mount LTO volume SCRTCH R/W in drive
                       GENDRV_0.0.6 (mt6.0.0.6) of library LTOLIB1 within 60
                       minutes. (SESSION: 4450, PROCESS: 58)
09/09/2009 14:05:38   ANR8328I 025: LTO volume TUE001 mounted in drive
                       GENDRV_0.0.6 (mt6.0.0.6). (SESSION: 4450, PROCESS:
                        58)
09/09/2009 14:05:47   ANR1340I Scratch volume TUE001 is now defined in
                storage
                       pool LTOPOOL1. (SESSION: 4450, PROCESS: 58)
09/09/2009 14:06:04   ANR0513I Process 58 opened output volume TUE001.
                (SESSION: 4450, PROCESS: 58)

09/09/2009 14:55:44   ANR2841W Server is NOT IN COMPLIANCE with license
                        terms.
09/09/2009 15:04:36   ANR0515I Process 58 closed volume TUE001. (SESSION:
                        4450, PROCESS: 58)

09/09/2009 15:04:46   ANR8336I Verifying label of LTO volume TUE001 in drive
                       GENDRV_0.0.6 (mt6.0.0.6). (SESSION: 4450, PROCESS: 58)
09/09/2009 15:05:38   ANR8468I LTO volume TUE001 dismounted from drive
                       GENDRV_0.0.6 (mt6.0.0.6) in library LTOLIB1.
                        (SESSION: 4450, PROCESS: 58)

09/09/2009 15:05:38   ANR8326I 026: Mount LTO volume MON001 R/W in drive
                       GENDRV_0.0.6 (mt6.0.0.6) of library LTOLIB1 within 60
                       minutes. (SESSION: 4450, PROCESS: 58)

2. After canceling the migration and running it again it kept ask for Mondays
cartridge (MON001), although it is no different from the others. After putting
MON001 READ-ONLY it begun to asked for scratch and didn't like TUE001 ? How can
I convince the tape to accept the cartridge I am giving it ?

Volume Name: MON001
             Storage Pool Name: LTOPOOL1
             Device Class Name: LTOCLASS1
            Estimated Capacity: 381.5 G
       Scaled Capacity Applied:
                      Pct Util: 11.6
                 Volume Status: Filling
                        Access: Read/Write
        Pct. Reclaimable Space: 0.0
               Scratch Volume?: Yes
               In Error State?: No
      Number of Writable Sides: 1
       Number of Times Mounted: 1
             Write Pass Number: 1
     Approx. Date Last Written: 09/08/2009 14:04:47
        Approx. Date Last Read: 09/08/2009 13:42:13
           Date Became Pending:
        Number of Write Errors: 0
         Number of Read Errors: 0
               Volume Location:
Volume is MVS Lanfree Capable : No
Last Update by (administrator):
         Last Update Date/Time: 09/08/2009 13:40:58
          Begin Reclaim Period:
            End Reclaim Period:
  Drive Encryption Key Manager: None

                   Volume Name: TUE001
             Storage Pool Name: LTOPOOL1
             Device Class Name: LTOCLASS1
            Estimated Capacity: 381.5 G
       Scaled Capacity Applied:
                      Pct Util: 30.9
                 Volume Status: Filling
                        Access: Read/Write
        Pct. Reclaimable Space: 0.0
               Scratch Volume?: Yes
               In Error State?: No
      Number of Writable Sides: 1
       Number of Times Mounted: 1
             Write Pass Number: 1
     Approx. Date Last Written: 09/09/2009 15:04:36
        Approx. Date Last Read: 09/09/2009 14:06:09
           Date Became Pending:
        Number of Write Errors: 0
         Number of Read Errors: 0
               Volume Location:
Volume is MVS Lanfree Capable : No
Last Update by (administrator):
         Last Update Date/Time: 09/09/2009 14:05:47