ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM 6.1.2.0 watch-for - EVENTS.SQL table/admin/select problems

2009-09-06 14:20:57
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.1.2.0 watch-for - EVENTS.SQL table/admin/select problems
From: "J. Pohlmann" <jpohlmann AT SHAW DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 11:19:59 -0700
Just an FYI  - in a couple of situations including one I came across last
week, a select * from events resulted in an "ANR0102E admsql.c error 1
inserting in table EVENTS.SQL" message that caused the admin session to hang
on this and any subsequent select (whatever) from events. The admin session
will eventually time out. Many reporting environments (including ITM - TSM
Reporting in 6.1) rely on select (something) from events and will hang if
this problem is encountered. It appears that the error is caused by a TSM
administrator having removed nodes. We ended up setting eventretention to 0
days and re-registering the nodes, and then removing them again, then
rebooting the server and had our problem cleared so that we were able to
select (something) from events and had our reporting operational again. I do
not know if this is a real work-around of this problem or if we were just
lucky and TSM 6.1.2.0 healed itself. You might want to be careful about
removing nodes, especially those that were recently active.

Joerg Pohlmann

250-245-9863